Monday, November 9, 2009

1992- Countdown to Extinction

Countdown was Megadeth’s first step down the road of mainstream popularity. This change in style was a direct result of Metallica huge success down this road. But even though Megadeth started down the road of concept albums they retained many of their old trademark characteristics that they were known for. Overall Countdown was a very successful for Megadeth; it was just in the shadow of Metallica and couldn’t propel itself to its full potential.

2 comments:

  1. I just listened to the Countdown to Extinction track. I'm not really into this type of music but the track was pretty good. The music is definitely unique and different from what I usually listen to, and the lyrics are also interesting. Although, I don't know much about Megadeath and Metallica, I'm looking forward to learning more about them and their styles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I wouldn't think many people would listen to this style of music, but if you like the song Countdown you should listen to A Tout le Monde. It is a much softer style than most of the other stuff on the album. But you might not like it... oh well it's worth a shot.

    ReplyDelete